Thank you for your interest in employment at the Heber Valley Railroad. You can download a PDF version of our employment application below. After completing your application please return it to the Heber Valley Railroad. You can email it to: email@example.com, via mail, or in person to the depot at 450 South 600 West, Heber City, Utah.
The Heber Valley Railroad has an opening for a Track Inspector. This is a full-time permanent position with full benefits.
Heber Valley Historic Railroad
The person in this position inspects and monitors the functions of railroad track to assure compliance with Federal Track and Safety standards. Also responsible for track maintenance and repairs, including other train work in the mechanical shop.
• Inspect railroad track structure for compliance with railroad policy and federal / state regulations
• Detect deviations from federal and state regulations
• Implement remedial action on defects
• Repair or direct crews to repair track structure defects
• Inspect completed work to verify conformance to government regulations
• Prepare inspection reports for management and government compliance
• Know and apply applicable rules, regulations, and policies, or have the ability to learn them.
• Perform special inspections of track structure in times of severe weather or other that may cause damage to the railroad
• Manage other projects and perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills or Experience
•At least two years experience in track repairs and related work
Knowledge of FRA Track Safety Standards
• Willingness to work outdoors in various weather conditions and temperatures
• Willingness to work flexible schedules and work assignments occasionally
Required Education or Credentials
• High School diploma or GED
• One to three years of related work experience
• Valid Driver’s License
• Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) is a plus
To download an application click the link below: